Deadline: February 1
Oklahoma Reading Association (ORA) is pleased to announce continuation of a scholarship program for deserving educators who are pursuing an Oklahoma Standard Reading Specialist Certificate. This $500 scholarship will be granted to an educator who meets the qualification specified below. The applicant must:
- Hold current valid Standard Oklahoma Teaching Certificate.
- Desire to earn an Oklahoma Standard Reading Specialist Certificate.
- Be eligible for graduate study in reading at a state university and be able to provide proof of such eligibility.
- Be a member of ORA and a local reading council.
- Be recommended by three professionals (public school or higher education) who know of the applicant’s ability to complete a graduate program and/or instructional performance.
- Submit a brief autobiography that includes personal and professional goals and establishes need for this scholarship.
- Previous scholarship recipients are NOT eligible.
The attached pages include the application and reference form. Reference forms are to be completed by three professional educators who can establish the applicant’s need, professional competence, and potential for successful graduate study.
The ORA Scholarship Committee will meet during the week following the February 1 deadline to screen all applications and select the scholarship winners. The scholarship recipient will be notified by telephone and letter and will be an honored guest at an ORA award event. The check will be presented at that time.
The ORA is committed to furthering our members’ mutual goal of improving reading instruction in Oklahoma. This scholarship program is one of the ways through which the organization strives to achieve this goal.
1020 Frontier Dr.
Woodward, OK 73801-2000